Thursday, November 8, 2012

Giving Thanks - Day 7-8

Day 7 - I'm thankful for the end of major construction projects near home.  Throughout the summer and right before school started, there were 3 major construction projects near home and closed down the entire road for periods of time.  One of these projects literally started the week before going back to school and it was on the route that I take to work.  This caused me to take a different route (which I think EVERYONE had to take since 2 other roads were being worked on too), and added 10-15 minutes to my already long enough commute.  Thankfully, the construction is over and the roads are open for all traffic and I can resume my normal route.  I know I should get used to traffic knowing that I live 30 miles from work, but taking 10-15 minutes to get through 3 miles of road is never fun on a daily basis.  Thank you construction workers for finishing this project!

Day 8 - I'm thankful for Logan being so willing to share.  The cutest thing happened that I wish I got on video.  Logan and Ellis love, love, LOVE my iPad. It's literally their favorite toy.  They love to play a counting game and a couple of the animal games.  When one is playing with it, we make them take turns - after about 5 minutes, the other one gets to play with it.  They don't usually stop playing with it on their own, so we give warnings when their time is up and hope that they don't scream too much when it is given to the other brother.  While Logan played with the iPad, I was trying to occupy Ellis and read him some books, when all of a sudden Logan brought the iPad over to Ellis and handed it to him, and said "all done".  Ellis took it from Logan and off Logan went to play with his train.  It was the cutest.thing.ever!  I'm not certain that will happen again for a while, but for today, it definitely stands out as one of those moments that makes me smile.  And quite impressive for a 19 month old!

No comments: