Sunday, November 4, 2012

Giving Thanks - Day 4

I am thankful for adult time.  Last night I had such a good time, with just adults!  Every so often, Troy and I try to go out on dinner/movie dates, but last night we went out with two other couples - Nicole and Mark, and Val and Derek.  All of us have kids, so we were thankful our in-laws were available to watch our kids, so we could go out for an awesome dinner and drinks/bar-hopping afterwards.

We all love our kids dearly, but having fun with friends is important too.  I am thankful that Troy and I are able to have our adult time - both together and on our own (since all of our hobbies are not similar!).  We recognize the need to spend meaningful time as a family, yet also know how important it is to do fun adult things too - do things that make us happy, for ourselves.

A couple pictures from our evening:
Our first round of drinks at Los Galanes in Mexicantown.
Enjoying a drink and watching the guys play pool at Centaur.
I definitely hope we have more evenings like that in the near future!

I also look forward to adult time with my mom and Nicole, next weekend to scrapbook, and I know that Troy is looking forward to November 15th when he heads up north for deer hunting with some friends.  

1 comment:

Nicole said...

We had SO much fun last night! Definitely something to be thankful for. XO sis :) Looking forward to next weekend too!