Saturday, November 24, 2012

Giving Thanks - Day 23-24

Day 23 - I am thankful to live in a city that has fun, free holiday activities.  Today I signed us up for the Polar Express Celebration at the Rochester Hills Public Library.  I was totally bummed to miss out on it last year, so I made sure to be more timely with registering this year.  It is in a couple weeks and they do some fun Christmas activities at the library, including meet Santa, and then there is a trolley ride that you take downtown Rochester to see all the holiday lights on the stores.  Then it ends back at the library for a warm snack.  I heard so many good things about it last year, that I'm way excited to be able to go this year.  There is also a holiday parade in a couple weeks that we might check out.  Troy is NOT a parade guy, so we'll see if we go or not.

Day 24 - Today I'm most thankful for having my Christmas shopping done already, well, mostly done. All the gifts are purchased for both my and Troy's secret santa people, our niece and nephew, as well as the big gifts for the boys.  I'd like to get them some other smaller gifts, maybe stocking stuffer-type gifts that are just add-ons, but its nice to know that the big chunk of the shopping is done.  And, I only had to go to one store - everything else was done online.  I was extremely disappointed when I found one of the gifts I was going to get the boys was $40 for shipping since it was an oversized item and at the time it didn't look like it was available for purchase in stores.  Well, after a bit more research (checking out different Toys R Us' around here), I was able to get it after all!  So glad that is done!  Anyone else done with their shopping already?

1 comment:

gramm said...

I bet it feels good to have the shopping done. I'll be chipping away at our lists this weekend.