Sunday, May 27, 2012

Nothing but trouble

This weekend we made a few changes to our family.  Troy's Jetta and my Prius have sadly left our family, but have been upgraded to a new 2012 Prius and RAV4.  We have been talking for a while about trading in Troy's car and getting something bigger because the boys are getting bigger and we'll be traveling a bit more, thus needing more room.  We test drove an Acadia back in April and although the car itself was nice, the entire experience was horrendous, so we just put our decision on hold for a while.  Recently we decided a full size SUV was not necessary since the boys aren't that big yet, but maybe a smaller SUV would be better than a car.  So, long story short (and a few emails on specials at the Toyota dealership I go to), I decided to check out the RAV4.  We also decided that Troy would get a new Prius instead of just inheriting mine because my car had so much positive equity in it that it would be good to use when getting a car that would potentially be more, meaning that my payment could be higher.

So, here is Troy's new baby:




And here is mine:



I was sad to see the Prius go, but we reminisced a bit before parting ways.  I thanked her for all she has done for us - getting us all the way to Yellowstone and back, being there when we got engaged, helping us move to our first house, allowing us pack her with stuff from Home Depot because it actually had more space in it than the Jetta, and bringing the boys home from the hospital.  She will make another family very happy!  What made me even more happy was that her trade-in value was SO much higher than I even hoped for, that the payment for my new little girl is considerably less than my Prius payment.  Win-win!  Now we are off to pack up the RAV4 for a trip to the Chandlers.  Happy Sunday everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do like the black standard rims. For those who didn't see it before, I had some cheap plastic 5 spoke hub cap that looked cheap. I took them off and I have to say it looks much better.

gramm said...

Congratulations on the new rides! Awesome that they were good deals.