Monday, June 6, 2011

Our fun weekend

We've had a very fun, busy weekend. On Saturday we went to the Reaves house to celebrate Morgan and Parker's birthday. Morgan turned 3 yesterday and Parker is turning 1 tomorrow. I think its funny how Nicole had her babies within a week of my birthday and I had mine within a week of her birthday! It was a great celebration and they got lots of fun gifts that I'm sure they will enjoy for a long time!

Yesterday, Grandma and Grandpa Bush came to visit. Grandma made the most adorable "Cat in the Hat" blankets for the boys and even personalized it with their name (in the bottom right square). So cute!
The guys spent most of their day installing french drains (gotta keep Grandpa Bush busy from what I've been told!), while us girls stayed inside and played with the boys. Uncle Sky even came over for dinner to catch up with everyone! Although their visit was short, we look forward to seeing them again next month.
Today was just a day to chill. Troy didn't work, but will be working for the rest of the week and I just realized that one week from today I will be back to work... boo!!! Well, I don't have to go back for the last week of school but thought it might be a good idea to get used to the idea of leaving the boys for an extended period of time since I will have to do that in the fall. Luckily Troy is taking next week off to watch the boys (instead of worrying about day care for a week) and Grandma Frahm will be with the boys for any of the days in the following week that I have to go to work to wrap up the end of the year. Although I think it will be a good way to ease into it, with being an easy week at school (its the last week for students) and knowing the boys will be home with dad, I'm still not looking forward to it! =( For now, I will just enjoy my time with them during the week and also look forward to spending time with my mom and sister next Sunday for a day of scrapbooking. I am definitely looking forward to starting my scrapbooks for the boys that I got from my mom about a month ago!

1 comment:

gramm said...

Very cute blankets Grandma!