Monday, June 13, 2011

I survived!

Today was my first day back to work. Yeah, seems a little silly to go back for only one week -- and the last week of school at that -- but I thought it would be a good little taste of what to expect next year. Troy was able to take the week off to be with the boys, so that definitely helped...heck, I probably wouldn't have gone back at all if we had to find daycare, but it also helped to know that I only have to do it for a week. I am sure its not going to be this easy in the fall...

When I got home, I was promptly greeted by Ellis for a hug. Then Logan wanted some mommy time too! It was such a nice day that we just had to go for a walk before dinner. Daddy told me that this morning, he read a new book to them that we got from the library last week, called "Trucks Roll" and that they really liked it so I read that to them again tonight. He even told me the sound effects I had to add, just like he did, but I have a feeling he did it much better. Looks like he enjoyed his day at home with them!

Going a few days back, this weekend we stayed pretty busy. On Saturday after a morning hair cut, we thought we'd head out to Livonia for the day to see Val and Derek. We just hung out and chatted for most of the afternoon and had Noodles for dinner. Then on Sunday, Nicole, my mom and I decided to get together to scrapbook and my plans were to start the scrapbooks my mom made for me. We should know better by now, but we really need an entire weekend devoted to scrapbooking in order to really get much done. With all the talking we do (or maybe its just me??), we don't get a ton done, but its still fun hanging out. Let's just say I'm only on the 5th day of the month-long scrapbook for Logan and haven't even started Ellis's book yet. There is plenty of time to get them done (but lets hope they are done before they are 1) and its definitely one of those projects that I can work on here and there without feeling overwhelmed with it.

Here's to a quick and easy week at work and hopefully some nice weather!

1 comment:

gramm said...

Seeing the little ones after your first day back at work must have put a smile on your face. BTW, I'm sure you'll have the albums done long before the boys are one!