Thursday, July 12, 2012

A hold-me-over

We are excited to go camping tomorrow, so here is a hold-me-over of fun photos of our past few days, until we come back on Monday (and please excuse me if I don't update the blog right away...might take a day or two to recover!)  =)

1) First story-time at our library on Tuesday:

Right outside the library is a little park that we listened to some stories and danced to some songs.  Okay, well, I listened more than they did.  Anyone that knows these boys knows that they spent most of their time people watching or eating the snack I took for them (as they are doing in the picture above)

2) A visit to the zoo on Wednesday with Caryn, Cole, Sheila, and Luke:
The boys loved getting out of the stroller to check out the seals.  It helped that we were the only ones the in the polar bear/seal area for a while so the boys could roam around without getting in anyones way.
Logan really ducked to watch the seal as he swam out of sight.
Luke and Ellis sitting on Ellis's favorite little hidden ledge.

A little blurry, but getting up close and personal with the gorillas.

We had lots of fun at the zoo and saw many more animals, but the seals and gorillas were our favorite for the day!  =)

3) Today we made a quick run to Meijer today.  I haven't yet taken the boys grocery shopping because of the logistics of taking two boys and actually making sure the food stays in the basket as well as how to keep them both sitting without taking a stroller in too, but I didn't have much to get, so I figured it was time to try it out.  Ellis was VERY good at staying seated when I was moving, but would stand up every so often when I stopped.  Once I told him to sit though, he sat right back down!  Awesome.  Of course since they were so good, I stopped by the bakery and got them a donut to share (and share with me!).  Here is a cute picture of Logan trying to be sneaky and reach in to get some of the donut (and Ellis has a little evidence on his face that he had a try of it).  They loved it!

4) They learned how to put their books away before bed.  Okay, well, not really, but I cracked up when I came downstairs after I heard Troy tell them to pick up their toys (which doesn't have much success yet) before bed to see this.
This is what I saw coming downstairs.  
The view of all their books from their point of view.
5) We blew up the air mattress the other day, mainly to make sure it was still in good condition - with no leaks.  The boys HATED the sound of the motor that blew it up, but LOVED playing on it a bit before Troy put it back away.



And last but not least, I have told many people how the boys just LOVE a YouTube video of The Lion Sleeps Tonight, by Rego 4 (from a Wyoming High School Talent Show - don't ask how Troy came upon this video last year, I have no idea!).  Today, the boys were going crazy watching this video over and over, so I had to record it.  It is a bit long, so if you get a bit antsy watching it all (it's not ALL funny), at least try to watch the last little bit of it when they really go nuts!



Enjoy and see you next week!

1 comment:

gramm said...

The boys are definitely having lots of fun this summer. And I couldn't help but smile when I seen the books on the steps....well they did pick them up. :)