Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WOAH!!!

This comment has been common the past few days:

1) After one student said it in shock yesterday, I asked what was wrong and he said he could see my stomach moving from his seat...hahaha!

2) Today, another student said it, followed by "It looks like you're gonna pop!" "Um yeah, I feel like I'm going to" was my response, only followed by -- "No I'm just kidding, it doesn't just happen that way" (after he looked freaked out).

3) Today I said it, after the doctor told me I was measuring 42 weeks. Good lord -- only 2 weeks ago I was measuring 38 weeks -- seriously, I "gained" 4 weeks of time in 2 weeks? The doctor claimed it was all good, the babies are growing well, but also said that it is the exact reason for all the extra aches and pains that I've been feeling lately (if I was having a single birth, she'd be concerned that I haven't given birth yet).

I thought I was in the clear for not getting any new "symptoms", but not so much. This weekend I started feeling numbness and tingling in my fingers and pains in my wrists (thank you carpal tunnel, you are making it SO helpful to blow dry and straighten my hair in the morning), a shooting pain in my leg/butt every so often (sciatic nerve, thank you), and even more difficulty in standing up and sitting down like a normal person. Amidst all of these uncomfortable feelings, it is nice to know that I have 4 short weeks before it is all over and I get to see, hold, cuddle, and love our new babies. It is amazing how fast time has gone by. In the meantime, I will continue having my 2 non-stress tests, 1 ultrasound, and 1 doctor appointment each week to make sure the babies, and me, are doing well. So far, so good at this point.

Our goal this weekend is to finish up the nursery. We've had problems with items being shipped (poor packaging = many broken/scratched pieces) and we just received all the replacement parts for our dresser today so Troy will finish putting that together this weekend. We got our glider and ottoman last weekend (thanks to my parents), and along with the cribs and changing table we got at the shower, we're pretty much set. Now, it's just a matter of placing everything where it goes and organizing all the little odds and ends! For now, the goal is getting through the next two days with less exhaustion and less cravings for a darn slurpee!! Let's see how that goes! Happy Hump Day everyone...

3 comments:

gramm said...

Hang in there Kristin. Not much longer.

Nicole said...

Oh, come on mama! Get the damn slurpee! :) You deserve it. I had some mad slurpee cravings at the end too and was drinking one a day! So glad to hear all continues to go well at your doctors appointments. And I love that your students are freaked out...hahahahaha!

ErinWieczorek said...

I laughed so hard out loud at the comment about a student seeing your stomach move from his seat and the other one freaked out from thinking you were literally going to pop!
-ERin