Monday, May 27, 2013

An early celebration

When Troy first mentioned having people over on Saturday, I first assumed that it was for a Memorial Day gathering.  Cool, any excuse to hang out with everyone, and I'm all about it.  Then he corrected me - he wanted a little birthday celebration for me.  I'm not one on big celebrations for myself, but hey, like I said I like having an excuse to get everyone together to hang out, so sure - let's do it - and what fun it was!  Dan and Rosie were back in town from their around the continent travels, my parents came over, the Chandlers, the Reaves, and Jimmy all made it over!  It was such a fun time seeing all the kids playing and having beautiful weather to enjoy everyone's company.

Having fun on the playset!
The adults playing with the t-ball set (minus the "t")
Cutest thing ever was seeing Parker play with the dump trucks in the dirt.  Too cute!

Kids being kids and chasing each other around!

Grandpa throwing Parker the ball to hit with the bat and impressively, he hit it a few times!  Great hand-eye coordination Parker!
They LOVED when Grandpa swung them around in circles!
Although I think Grandpa was wishing he didn't start it because once you start with one, you need to repeat it with all of them (and then start the cycle over!)
It was a perfect day/night to hang out with awesome friends and family.  Big thanks to everyone for coming out to hang out!  Let's see with year 33 has to bring (well, I still have a few more days to finish out year 32, so let's not be to quick to rush things....)

No comments: