Sunday, May 12, 2013

Week in Review

We took an impromptu trip to Kroger on our way home from work to grab a few things I forgot this weekend.  The boys just LOVED not being in a cart and did pretty well following me through the aisles.  Logan was especially excited to walk with the basket!
Logan's new word of the week? "CHEESE" Another word he spit out earlier is "tree" after looking outside at our tree!
Another parent/tot class this past Thursday.  Logan was especially excited to go in.  They did fairly well, although Ellis was a little more resistant to do the planned activities they had.  He loves free play and played well with the other boy that was in class that day, but we need to work on some small structured activities with him.  This little boy does NOT like being told what to do or when to do it.
On Thursday, Nicole came over with the kids before we went to see Jillian Michaels.
It was a perfect afternoon to play outside and the kids got some energy out.

Ellis learned to "saw" using the actual saw of his mini work bench.
This is what happens when I bring down my blanket and pillow to lay with the boys.  They steal it and act as though it's theirs.  They are just like their mommy - they love to relax and cuddle with a blanket!
And, this is what happens to a cell phone when it is left on top of your car and falls off about a mile
after you start driving.  Thank goodness for insurance!
Nicole and I had a girls night out, Thursday night.  We saw Jillian Michaels - my favorite work out bad ass - and it was not only informational but entertaining.  After seeing her presented as a bitch on TV, it was awesome to see the real side of her.  She kept it very real, that's for sure, and of course spoke about eating right and exercising, but also how become the best you, that you can.  Not only was it a good show, but it was also awesome to hang out with Nicole.  Hopefully with summer around the corner, we have more opportunities to hang out, both with and without the kids!  
My Mother's Day breakfast.  Troy suggested going out for breakfast this morning, but this mama also loves her sleep and since it was my morning to sleep in, I didn't really want to give that up for breakfast.  So, my next suggestion was cinnamon rolls, and that's what I was greeted with (with two rambunctious kids) around 9:15 this morning.  And yes, my morning drink of choice is diet wild cherry pepsi - consider it my iced coffee =)

And last but not least, in my efforts to work on colors with the boys - I found this color/car matching app on my iPad.  Not quite what I was really looking for, but after Ellis watched me a few times, he became hooked and this is probably now his favorite game.



I hope everyone had a great weekend, especially all of you awesome mama's out there.  I did spend part of my day yesterday weeding the hot mess of a front yard we currently have, with hopes of buying and planting some flowers today, but obviously the weather had something else planned.  It was just too chilly and windy to do that, so it looks like that to-do will have to wait!

1 comment:

gramm said...

I love all the pictures! Those cinnamon rolls look yummy!