Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy #2

Our two have officially turned 2!  It is still surreal some days to think that we have twins.  At about this time 2 years ago, I was officially going into labor (although I had a scheduled c-section, contractions started in full force while they were hooking me up to all the machines).  I was HUGE and very uncomfortable, and was ridiculously thirsty.  While pregnant, I frequently needed water - cold water and knowing that I couldn't eat or drink anything the entire day before the c-section just about killed me.

Flashback to 2 years ago:

All that discomfort for two cute, healthy, little boys:

Pop Quiz - can anyone tell which one is which??
And fast-forward to where we are today - okay, so this is a picture we took last weekend, but it's the most recent picture of both of them somewhat close up!

We had an amazing day yesterday!  The weather was just beautiful so after they took their nap, we headed to the park.  Last year, the boys loved going to the park, but I'm not going to lie - as much as I loved taking them, I was always hoping for less heart attacks at each visit.  The boys were getting courageous and didn't realize that some of their actions could get them hurt if I didn't fly from one side of the playground to the other to stop them in time (if they were at different parts of the play structure - which they almost always were - I tried to strategically stand in the middle of them, in case either one needed me).  We had times where they wanted to walk down the slide, run across the bridge while other little kids were bouncing on it, walk/crawl up and down the stairs, etc.  I was just as tired as they were when we left - but they loved it, so we kept going!

Yesterday, they were a bit confused when we pulled up to the playground - they hadn't been there in so long, but quickly remembered the fun they had.  And I loved seeing them walk right up the stairs, holding onto the railing, go across the bridge, and then down the slide.  They loved the slide last year, but I usually had to go with them at first to show them how fun it was before they'd do it on their own.  They really liked the taller, twisty slide yesterday.  They would go up the steps, over to the slide, down the slide - just to repeat it over, and over, and over.




Sometimes they would go over to the "pirate ship" area of the playground and play with the "ball" (globe) or the steering wheel to the ship, but would then quickly move back over to the slide.  And all of that, without mom's help!





Unfortunately, after an hour, we had to pack up to go - we had to stop at Kroger before dinner, and they were NOT happy about that, but I promised them we'd go back soon.  I was hoping today would be a nicer day so we could go back, but it's not looking good at this point.

Today - nothing huge planned.  This morning, Logan was being ridiculously crazy.  They like to empty out the containers that hold their play food in it and Logan likes to stand on it.  Well, take an empty box and put it on wood floor with a child that isn't wonderfully balanced when standing on things yet, and that spells disaster.  So, as I was trying to get the box from him, he ran from me (go figure) and started cracking up with this hilarious laugh.  Of course he thought it was a game that I was trying to get the box from him, but I did kind of egg him on (no pun intended) just to keep hearing him laugh.  Apparently turning two means more dramatic laughter!



He even laughed like that when Troy changed his diaper, so apparently this laugh is here to stay for a little while!

We'll see what the rest of the day brings, but for now, Happy Easter and Happy 2nd Birthday to my awesome little dudes that keep me smiling every day!

1 comment:

gramm said...

Love the update and all the pics!