Sunday, June 3, 2012

Birthday week recap

Another year has come and gone.  Here is a recap of my birthday week:

Sunday - We went to the Chandler's house for a BBQ.  Good times, good food, and a great drink!  I have to ask Val again what it was called, but it was scrumptious!

A few pictures of us relaxing in their backyard.



Monday - A nice and warm Memorial Day was spent outside.  After their nap, their pool water was nicely warmed up and they had a blast splashing around.



Tuesday - Probably the calmest day at work this week.  Why does it seem like when it rains it pours at work?  Only 9 more teaching days left.  I hope I can make it.

Wednesday - The boys and I went to Caryn's after work today.  It had been way too long since we hung out, so it was great catching up.  I definitely look forward to more play dates this summer.

Thursday - The big 32 for me!  Work sucked today, but the after work fun made me forget all about the day at work.  First we went out to dinner and I treated myself to a big ass margarita.  YUMMY, but boy am I a lightweight!


When we got home, Troy said that my birthday was a day of "5 favorites".  I had 5 little things to help my have a guilt-free, relaxing night.  #1 was my favorite homemade cake - cherry chip and #2 was some Girl Scout Samoa Ice Cream!!!  #3 was a box of one of my favorite types of candy - Mike & Ikes.  #4 was a peanut donut for the next morning and #5 was a new pajama set from Victoria's Secret.  I'm pretty much addicted to comfy pants and most of mine are for colder weather, so a new comfy thinner pair with a matching tank top, and some delicious smelling mango lotion was perfect!  My official birthday gift came back in March with my new camera, a Canon Rebel T3, but he said I couldn't have a birthday without getting something.



Friday - We had our first Busy Bag Exchange after work Friday.  Most of us met at a park in Ferndale, which gave the boys a chance to play a little bit while the adults briefly chatted.  Unfortunately the weather wasn't very nice, so we didn't stay long, but just enough to let them get some energy out.  In total we will have around 19 little activities for the boys to play with, which are educationally based.  Although they are a little young for a majority of them right now, I look forward to introducing them to the activities in the coming months.  Our second exchange is slated for the end of July.  If anyone who has younger children wants to be a part of an exchange of educational activities, let me know.  I can give you more information if you think you'd like to join our next swap.   



Setting out our bags for everyone to grab one.

Saturday - Before Morgan and Parker's birthday party, I cashed in my Mother's Day gift from the boys - a 1 hour massage and a foot scrub.  It was very relaxing and a perfect way to start the weekend and get all the stress from the week out of me.  After lunch, we headed to the Reaves' house for the party.  Lots of kids and lots of fun.  If only the boys didn't seem so freaked out by larger amounts of people - they were pretty clingy for most of the party, so unfortunately I didn't get many pictures.  I thought this one was cute though...
Ellis checking out the sandbox.  We don't have one yet - assuming that at this age they would try to
eat the sand, but Ellis was quite intrigued.  He liked sticking his hand into it
and feeling it.  Who knows, maybe one is in our future this summer.
Sunday - Today I spent most of the day outside.  My goal was to weed the area in our backyard, under the trees that separate our yard from our neighbors yard.  I started it last weekend, but was only about 1/4 of the way done.  So while they napped I got a good start on it, but they didn't sleep very long, so after lunch, Troy entertained them while I went back out there to finish up.  I am quite pleased to cross that off my "to-do" list.  I also got some weeding done in the front yard.  We rarely spend time in our front yard, and since our driveway is on the side of the house, I really didn't realize how bad it looked.  I spent some time out there clearing out a section of out-of-control plants and hopefully I can spend some time here and there taking out the shrubs.  Then if it isn't too late in the season, I will get some flowers for out there.  Something to give it some color!  Between my weeding and planting flowers and our neighbor who is taking care of clearing out the old flower bed in the corner of our yard and laying down sod for us, we might finally get our front yard back in order.

On a completely different note, after I cleaned this morning, I moved the small ottoman that we put in front of the fireplace for a while (so the kids wouldn't be tempted to move the gated area and get into the ashes), back where it belonged.  Now that they are following directions just a little bit better, I thought it was time to see if they would stay out of it without it being blocked.  They did very well, and needed very little redirection.  The funniest thing though, was how funny Logan thought it was to be able to walk on the tile in front of the fireplace.  It was like he was getting away with it.  After he walked across, he would crack up and turn around to walk back.



Well, thats about it for our week.  It was fun to see some people I haven't seen in a while and also have just enough time to relax before starting another week.  Happy June everyone!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

What a week! Makes me want to go out for drinks with my sister. I'm glad Troy made your birthday so nice even though you already had your big present. :) Counting down the days with you. XO

gramm said...

Love seeing the boys excitement in the pool!