Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summer's here

Well, I guess technically it isn't, but it is close enough for me.  I'm out of school for the next 9 weeks and I'm ready to soak up the fun.  I'm excited to be able to spend the days with my boys and do lots of fun things!

Before I get ahead of myself, I hope all you daddy's out there had a great Father's Day.  Troy sure was a bit spoiled this Father's Day, but he deserves every bit of it.  He's one amazing dad to our little boys!  The boys and I got him a rack for his car so he can more easily transport his kayak for fishing. 

Then he cooked a seafood dinner for himself - crab legs and tilapia.  I "settled" for steak, but it was still delicious.  Along with a baked potato and some wine, we had a feast!

And all of that was after a trip to the park this morning (by my request)...

Okay, now onto the summer plans.  I don't have huge plans for us this summer, but my goal is to try out a bunch of different activities now that they are older and getting in to more things.  Here is the beginning of a little list I have of things I'd like to do with the boys.
  • LOTS of play dates with Luke, Cole, Macy, Morgan, Parker, and Delevan.
  • Trips to the zoo - perhaps Belle Isle Nature Center, too.
  • Story time at the library - they have outdoor story time at the park next to the library and at a pavilion at the Village (a small outdoor shopping center very close to home).
  • Story time at Barnes and Noble - thanks to Caryn who found this one!
  • Camping at Port Crescent State Park
  • Splash Pad/Squirt Zone (one near Nicole in Farmington as well as the one at Lake St. Clair Metro Park)
  • Lots of arts and crafts activities, some possibilities:
  • Playing at the water table and in the pool (which I have a feeling will be a daily event!)
  • Playing at various parks 
  • I'd like to find a petting zoo nearby (or at least make it to the farm animal section of the zoo)
  • Busy bag activities (LOTS of fun educational activities in there) -- looking forward to the next swap in July!
  • Other developmental activities
    • Scooping rice/sand - leading to using a spoon
    • Using a cup (they actually started using the cups at the water table to drink the water, so I'm interested in what they'd do with other types of cups - maybe with less of a sippy "spout")
    • Lots of exposure to words (reading), colors, counting, ABC's
Okay, so this list could go on and on.  I realize that I'll probably never have a "complete" list.  I'd love to hear ideas from other moms with young ones.  

Happy Summer everyone!  


No comments: