Thursday, April 7, 2011

Priceless Moments -- Week 1


Everyone always says how fast time flies after you have kids and to enjoy every moment. Well, I can't believe that it has already been a week since they were born -- I now get what everyone was saying.

Some priceless moments this past week:
  • Watching these boys sleep (and sleep well -- 3 to 4 hours at a time most of the time) and all the different facial expressions they have while they sleep. They've taken quite a liking to their swing when they are just a bit fussy and mom and dad are in the middle of something.
  • Cuddling with them -- good thing they can't be "spoiled" from holding them all the time until after they are 3 months or so. They are such snuggle-bunnies. I even caught Ellis wanting to cuddle Logan during their nap today. Not sure how Logan felt about that =)

  • Experiencing the "I-pee-anytime-my-penis-is-exposed-to-cold-air". We've had a few of these already. Yes, I was aware that it happened, but it just sneaks right up on you -- and a few times there was so much pressure behind it that it hit the wall behind the changing table. HILARIOUS!
  • Seeing their lips in anticipation of a bottle coming their way. Logan will even get his neck into it. He sticks his neck way out and purses his lips up a little before relaxing once the bottle is in his mouth. He definitely enjoys every minute of feeding time. Ellis, he takes his good ole' time eating -- savoring every moment of it.
  • Seeing them in all their cute little outfits. We've had a few changes each day -- from little spit-ups they've had (although they are few and far between now that they are being fed breast milk) to wet clothes from their crazy peeing incidents.
  • It is amazing to see them head-butt us already. I didn't realize they would have such strong neck muscles already and move their head on and off of our chest when we are burping them.
  • Receiving a most delicious snack. The one thing I craved during my entire pregnancy, which to this day I still LOVE, is fruit. Much to our surprise, we got a little delivery on Tuesday from my parents from Edible Arrangements. YUM-MY!
  • On my end, some priceless moments for me include having my ankles back. I would say that 95% of my pregnancy symptoms are gone -- those that remain are my tingly fingers from the carpal tunnel and the itchiness from the PUPPPS rash that started a week before they arrived. I did have it confirmed when I got to the hospital and they gave me some cream for it, but I've heard that it can remain for a little bit after delivery from breast feeding and my hormones still being a little out of whack. Gotta love the breast-feeding too. I was told I shouldn't step on the scale right away, and I'd have to say that was the least of my concerns right after. Well, I couldn't resist yesterday and of the 42 lbs I gained during my entire pregnancy, I have already lost 27 lbs of it! I was floored, but I owe it all to breast-feeding -- well, and the help of 11-12 lbs of baby being taken out last week too (in addition to the placenta, fluids, extra blood, etc). Not too shabby I'd say!
Other notable news:
  • Our first pediatrician appointment was yesterday and they both checked out well.
  • They are both close to their birth weight -- only 1.5 oz off for both of them, so no worries with their eating anymore (I think the filling formula they were getting until my milk supply came in was helpful in that).
  • Logan has a touch of jaundice so we were just told to watch that, but even today it looks better, so no worries.
  • Troy will be going back to work tomorrow. I can't believe how soon that came up, but thankfully my mom will be joining us tomorrow and Nicole will be coming over on Saturday to visit and help out. We are very lucky that Troy's schedule is very flexible where he doesn't have to work 9-5 every day, so he'll be able to be home a lot with us over the next month or so, but it will be sad to see him drive off tomorrow to go to work.
In the next week or so, I hope this sun continues. I stepped outside today and couldn't believe how nice it was. Yeah, I know its only in the low 50's, but I've got that itch to go for a walk with the boys already. Hey moms out there -- what temperature should it be before heading out for a walk? Otherwise, it'll be more sleeping, feeding, and changing diapers.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow, so much has happened in a week! I'm so happy you are feeling better and SO not surprised by your weight loss! :) As far as going for a walk - I don't think a 15-20 minute walk would hurt, just make sure they are bundled up. It's supposed to be warmer this weekend. Can't wait to see everyone Saturday. XO