Thursday, April 21, 2011

The 3rd week updates

  • Logan's umbilical cord finally fell off so we could give them their first official "tub" bath. Logan was our "practice" run -- it took us a little longer with him as we tried to figure out the best and quickest way to get it done. Ellis had a much quicker bath since we knew how to get it done more efficiently. Definitely not a "one-man" task though. After the shock of being cold when we undressed them, they didn't do too bad in the actual bath -- until they got out and were instantly cold before being wrapped up. The warmth of the towel must have relaxed them a bit too because they each pooped in their cute little bath towel (which is why I have them wrapped in a blue towel too!).
  • Logan mastered holding his own bottle -- well, not really, but the hand positions they have when we feed them makes it look like he is actually feeding himself. That would definitely be an overachieving 3 week old if you ask me!
  • We've had some more visitors -- Caryn, Pam, and Kim from work all stopped by to meet the boys. It was great catching up with them -- although I don't miss work, I do miss the people (well, some of them...) =)
  • They both have been doing very well with tummy time. We have counted up to 5 or 6 really good head lifts for each of them during one "play time" before they lose interest.
  • We've been reading lots of books, including a new one from Kim - Tickle Monster. What a cute book and even cuter "tickle" mitts to wear. I have a feeling that this one will be one of their favorites when they really understand the books better.
  • They are up to 3.5 oz. of milk at each feeding, but looks like we'll be going up to 4 oz. real soon. These boys can eat!
  • They are awake much more often now, and although I thought they might be up for a little activity after each feeding before they go back to sleep, it is very clear to me that sometimes they are just toooooo tired. Gotta love the "milk coma" that Ellis fell into after that feeding!
  • I can't wait to see what another week brings -- WOAH -- 4 weeks old next week already? I'm still waiting for that spring weather to come so we can get out of the house and go for walks, but it looks like the rain might keep us in the house in the coming days. It's just a matter of time I suppose. Gotta pack my patience..

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I wouldn't expect anything less than for your children to be overachievers! :) I love the photos!