Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Do we have little bullies on our hands?

It looks like we might need a little anger management around here.  Ellis has always been a little more "hands-on" and would take toys from Logan, but Logan never really did much about it...until most recently.  This little video of Ellis playing basketball will give you an example...



Then came today when Grandma said that Logan put his hand is Ellis's face to move him out of the way.  Oh dear...the things we get to look forward to.  And how long until they really understand "no"?!?!

On to the fun things from this past weekend:
  • I got started on putting my first week together for Project Life.  I will admit I thought I would get a lot more done, but Nicole showed me so many different types of journaling cards and other ways to organize it that I did a lot more learning than doing.  We also set up a scrapbooking weekend for February.  That's right, an entire weekend!  I am so pumped.  Maybe I can put a dent in the album for the boys then too.
  • The boys had their first jelly sandwich and LOVED it.  They just couldn't get enough.

  • We have been trying a variety of finger foods for meals too - chicken, beans, sweet potatoes, etc. but it has been hit or miss.  All of a sudden though, Sunday, they started eating them like it was going out of style.  I couldn't believe how quickly they all of a sudden they were into it.  Very exciting though.  Just today I went online to find some other recipes for babies their age - homemade chicken fingers, applesauce muffins, veggie bites, etc. so I look forward to making some of those in the near future and see how they respond to that.  
  • The boys are just crusing around now.  They have no fear climbing on everything and they have started walking around as they hold on to something.  Logan has even had a few split seconds of standing on his own before gracefully falling on his butt!  
  • And my favorite "mom" moment of the weekend - Ellis taking a nap with me.  Very very rarely will either of them ever fall asleep in our arms - maybe in the middle of the night when they wake up.  Both of them have learned pretty well to fall asleep on their own - primarily because when I was home with them by myself over the summer I obviously couldn't rock both of them to sleep.  So, when it does happen, I cherish the moment....ahh....moments like this...


And now, it's time for the boys to go to bed...good night!

1 comment:

gramm said...

Love the picture with you and Ellis!