Sunday, November 13, 2011

A relaxing weekend

I think this was the first weekend where we weren't busy, busy, busy around the house and the yard. We have actually been able to relax a bit and not rush around when the boys are sleeping, to utilize every minute they are napping.

Troy and I each had our own time out of the house yesterday too. I went to a few stores to look for Secret Santa ideas (my parents, Nicole and Mark, and Troy and I have a tradition of doing Secret Santa for the past few years) and then got a much needed hair cut. After I got home, Troy headed out for his 1.5 hour massage and then went grocery shopping. Since it was reasonably nice outside, I took the boys for a walk. It was their first time as "big boys" in the stroller (sitting in the stroller seats and not their car seat), so that was fun. Logan, the big brother, sat in front so I think it was a bit of a shock for him because he couldn't see either me or Ellis, but I stopped every so often to see him and he seemed to relax as the walk progressed. Ellis just sat back and relaxed, kicking his feet every now and then.
Ellis lovin' it.

Logan was definitely happier at the end of the trip after
he got used seeing things on this new level.

It's funny how the boys pull and dig their toys out of their little toy bin. Most of the time we just put the bin on the floor and tip it over and they go get their toys out of it. Then they proceed to play with the empty bin - go figure! Well, today, daddy thought it would be funny to put Logan in the bin with all his toys. Silly daddy!

For now, its time to relax and watch some football. The boys will be awake any time now so I better go grab some lunch before they wake up!

1 comment:

gramm said...

Ohhhhhh, they look so cute on their outing. Looks like they had a fun time too.