Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy (Belated) Thanksgiving

Well, I'm roughly 36 hours late at wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, but better late than never, right? I hope everyone had a nice day -- I know we did!

It's been a busy week or so, especially with work, but I'm glad to be able to have a few extra days at home with the boys. Yesterday was a nice, relaxing day. My parents and Troy's brother Sky came over to spend Thanksgiving with us. We had a nice meal and I met my new favorite dessert -- pecan pie. YUMMY! Good job with that one mom! We decided to have the boys try potatoes for dinner too. They've had sweet potatoes for a while now, but never had white potatoes. I'll let the pictures tell you whether or not they liked them...
"What on Earth is this??" Ellis asks...


"I don't know what this is either, but I'm not sure I want to swallow it!" Logan replied

I think if we mixed them with a bit more milk to make them thinner, it might have helped, but for now, I'm not convinced they were a fan of white potatoes.

We also dressed the boys up in a cute little button down shirt and jeans. Or should I say that we tried to get them to wear cute outfits. The 6-9 month jeans we have are still a bit big for Ellis. So much so, that he little crawled right out of them. I was changing Logan's diaper only to look across the room at Ellis crawling around with his pants about 3 feet behind him. So funny! We thought we'd dress him back up in them though for a short photo shoot.
Today I didn't have any plans to head out in the mess of holiday shopping, but I did venture out for about an hour to go to a specialty toy store nearby and picked up a few new toys for the boys. Aside from that, we just hung out at home. This afternoon, I started to tackle making my Christmas cards. Up until last weekend I was unsure of whether or not I was even going to make some this year, or if I was going to take the easy way out and get a photo card made, but after heading out to Paper Source with Val last weekend and finding a stamp that I liked, it all came together. They are pretty simple, but I'm pleased.

I'm not sure what the rest of the weekend holds, but I sure am glad we still have a whole weekend ahead of us. As for the boys, they are growing like weeds. I'll have lots more updates of them soon.

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

gramm said...

Love the potato pic's. Maybe we should have given them some pistachio pudding. ha ha