Monday, November 28, 2011

Funday Monday

Today I was lucky enough to extend my already long weekend yet another day. My mom had a doctor appointment today, so I stayed home with the boys. We didn't have anything huge planned, except a visit from Caryn. Here is a little bit of the day:
  • The boys have a new favorite thing to do. They are NOT content unless they are standing. They like to climb all over you and use you to help them stand up. They aren't able to stand on their own, but are pretty good if they are holding tight onto something (or someone). It is especially tricky when they both climb on you at the exact same time and you are trying to help both of them stand up without either one falling. I must make a great jungle gym!
  • Ellis has been having some "Play-baby" centerfold moments these days. He'll crawl a little bit and then turn around to see if you are watching. The way he poses his leg is hilarious (lifting up a pant leg a little bit) and the look on his face -- so serious!
  • Caryn came over and hung out with me and the boys for a little bit. It's been so long since we've been able to catch up, so it was great to talk for a while. I can't wait until Logan and Ellis are just a little bit older so they can play with Cole.
  • Troy picked up some winter hats for the boys. We already have a warm hoodie for them to wear, but figured that we should get a hat and mittens for them. Nothing but cuties here --
  • As for me, I have been trying to figure out what additional degree to pursue. By June of 2013 I need to take 6 college credits to keep my teaching certificate. And, although I don't have to necessarily get another degree, it just seems like a bit of a waste to take classes for no purpose. I would love to get a degree to be able to teach math at the college level, but long story short, it would take roughly 7 years because of all the prerequisite classes, since I only have an Elementary Education degree (which only required lower level classes versus a Secondary Education degree). My other option is to get a Secondary Education degree so I could teach at the high school level. That is only 7 classes total! So, since it has been 13 years (YIKES!) since I've taken Calculus I at CMU and that is the first class I need for the program, I'm looking to take that class as a refresher, and another one at OCC. It is MUCH cheaper, like the price of a 4 credit class is cheaper than 1 credit at Oakland University. Now it's just a process of applying to OCC and possibly getting into a class in the winter, or by spring/summer at the latest. I'm kind of excited...it's been forever since I've actually taken a math college class. I know, that sounds pretty nerdy, but it is what it is.
  • As for Black Friday/Cyber Monday stuff, Troy and I have completed our Christmas shopping...well, most of it. We purchased our Secret Santa gifts and gifts for Morgan and Parker. All we might pick up now are a few toys here and there for the boys. I actually bought a few new toys on Friday, but Troy decided that we should give them the toys then. "They don't know the difference between Christmas and any normal day" was his remark, but you know I will have to buy a few more for them to open up on Christmas day!
That's it for now. I guess it's back to reality tomorrow -- back to work. I could really get used to 4-day weekends (or even 5-day weekends!). The countdown is on until Christmas now -- only 19 more school days!

3 comments:

gramm said...

Oh, those pictures with the new hats are soooooooooooooo cute!

ErinWieczorek said...

I love how Ellis poses! So funny!

Nicole said...

Love all the photos, and your pics from Thanksgiving too. Morgan and Parker were the same way about white potatoes - just not the same. Ellis is so hilarious in his Play-baby pose and their hats are SOO cute. They looks so cozy - I want one for me!