Sunday, June 16, 2013

Big boy beds and a birthday bash!

I feel like I need to pinch myself after everything that happened last week!  Most of it is work related (and all good!) which I don't really want to go into detail about until I know the final results of everything, so let's just focus on the rest of the week.

As I mentioned last week, Ellis has been sleeping in a big boy bed at grandma's house during the day.  I'm not sure what prompted his recent lack of interest in his crib, but it is definitely one I wasn't thinking would happen for a while.  Maybe now that he isn't using his pacifier (he holds it when he sleeps, but doesn't suck on it now that the holes are in it), he figures he is a big boy.  So, Monday night, we took the front of their crib off and transitioned it into a toddler/day bed.  We hung out up in their room after dinner so they could get used to it and play around to try to get that initial excitement out of their systems before bed.  And, I'd have to say, after nearly a week, all is pretty much good with it.  Don't get me wrong, either Troy or I have to go in there at least once (okay, lets be real - it's usually about 3 times) within the hour after they go to bed and tell them to get back in their bed, but it could be worse.


No, this isn't the reaction they give daddy when he walks in and catches them out of bed!

We also turned their door knob so it only locks from the outside, since Logan knows how to lock their door.  One good perk is that we get to sleep in a little bit longer on the weekends.  No more crying to get them out of their crib.  Yesterday I woke up around 7:45 (from Bella in my face) and I went to check on them.  Logan was laying in his bed still but Ellis was near his bed just playing.  Today Troy went in their room around 7:30 and found them both laying on the floor next to their bed.  We're guessing that they woke up early and played a bit before falling back asleep.  And no, he didn't get a picture of them.  =(

Yesterday, we had some family fun and went to the Reaves house for Morgan and Parker's birthday party, and it was a ton of fun.  Thankfully the threatening rain didn't ruin any of the fun and most of it just blew over.  The kids LOVED playing outside, and I think the boys already have a girlfriend.  Most of Morgan's friends were playing princess (I heard Rapunzel at one point) and Logan was following them along.  Well, Logan was getting too close to the road so my mom got him and brought him back closer to the house.  One of the girls ran up to my mom and asked if he was leaving and appeared sad that he wasn't playing with them.  Not that he knew what they were doing, but he just liked following them around.

Watching his little girlfriends every move at the work bench.
Ellis hamming it up in the princess castle playhouse
Logan following every little move of these little girls!
Then later on, I'm not sure what the attraction was, but they found some grasses/shrubs and they sat in them.  They liked laying back in them and staring up the sky.  I have NO idea why.  Well, the same little girl went up and trying picking them up back into the sitting position and of course after she picked Ellis up, he would lay right back down for her to lift him up again.  He just loved the attention and she sure didn't mind giving it. 



And bad me, I didn't even get a picture of the birthday kids together, but they seemed to have a great time.  Happy 5th birthday Morgan and Happy 3rd birthday to Parker!

Well, I'm going to keep it short and sweet for tonight.  I'm starting a summer bucket list for us and knowing that school is out on Friday, I better get a move on finalizing it.  I even have a fun way to keep track of all that we do this summer, so I'll share that next!

For now, I hope all you fathers had a fantastic day!  A special 1st Father's Day to Bryan and Mike - new parents within the past 3 weeks, and to Chris, an expectant father within the next 3 weeks!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love that video! "Are you ignoring me?" :) Sadly, though I can believe it, I didn't get any photos of the kids together either. I wanted a group shot of the littles but it never happened. So happy you had a good time. We did too!!