Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A winning Pinterest activity

This summer, aside of having lots of fun outside, I want to have a little bit of structured time each day with some learning activities.  I found this great counting/numbers activity and pinned it a long time ago, but just got around to making it.  Yesterday I wanted to test it out and Logan seemed to get into it with little guidance.


Today, I wanted to test it out with Ellis.  It was nothing formal, but he's more hesitant to sit down and do any structured activity, so I just wanted to see if he would show any interest.  After showing him how to put the peg in the #1 spot, he worked diligently on completing #2-8.

As a matter of fact, he was so into it, Logan walked up and insisted that I put him in the chair next to us.  In order for him to do some, I had to take out the pegs of the smaller numbers Ellis already did so Logan could redo it.  The only issue is that Ellis was hogging some of the pegs, so Logan started taking them out of the previous "board" to use them in the next one.  Oops!

Looks like a winner!  Now that I've hooked them into the activity, hopefully we can do a little more deliberate practice with it.

Logan must have been into his learning time because he even sat through some color matching practice.


I'm looking forward to our next busy bag exchange next week.  We focused on making activities that focused on letters and alphabet recognition, which is something Ellis seems into right now, so I can't wait to see what else I can do with the boys over the summer.

No comments: