Sunday, September 9, 2012

Troy's home!

What a busy week, as I knew it would be, especially with Troy gone and it being my first week of school.  Here is the Cliff Notes version of our week:

School started on Tuesday.  It was a crazy week, but it definitely got better as the week progressed and I got to know my students better.  When I actually started teaching Math on Friday, and had the first "normal" day, it got even better.

I started my Calculus class on Tuesday too.  This is the first class for my Secondary Math degree (the one I took last year was just a refresher of Trig to help with this class).  It seems easy so far, although I have taken the class as a senior in high school and a freshman in college, so I'm not too concerned.

Troy left for Cadillac on Wednesday, and on to Glen Arbor for salmon fishing on Thursday.  He had a good time, although was not successful with catching any salmon.  Only 3 out of the 18 guys even caught one.  The windy and rainy Friday made it hard to kayak fish (who wants to try to kayak and fish in 3-5 feet waves??) as well as the water temperatures that were near 70 degrees, which is not ideal for catching salmon since they feed in 55-60 degree temperatures.

Sunset on Saturday - and, yes, that is a person kayaking in the water
Now for my week with the boys:
Logan blowing kisses to my mom as we left for home on Friday.
Ellis is the short napper these days.  On Saturday, we were planning on going to the library after Logan woke up,  so once he hit the 2.5 hour mark (which is long for Logan), I said to Ellis "Where is Logan at?"  He went over to the gate by the steps and was grunting upstairs and pointing up there.  So funny! 

Time for the library.  We went to pick up our monthly books (they get a book for free each month until they are 2 years old, through the Raise-A-Reader program our library has), and then the boys played for a little bit.
Our plan after the library was to meet up with Caryn and Cole and head to the Arts and Apples Festival at the park we often frequent, but on our drive to the library I realized what a zoo the area was with parking.  I swear, it was like a sporting event - people selling parking spots at their nearby business - the closer you got, the more it was.  It was crazy.  So, we decided to skip that and go to Firefighter Park, then have dinner at Caryn's.  The boys had fun - they never have a bad time at the park!  After dinner, all 3 boys played around a little.  I think Logan and Ellis's favorite was the tunnel.  Okay, so maybe I should've gotten them one at Ikea when we went in the summer...

After we got home from Caryn's, the boys got in their PJ's (I love footed pj's on them!), had a snack and watched about 10 minutes of their favorite show (Fresh Beat Band) before they practically zonked out on the couch and I took them to bed.

I was so excited for Troy to come home.  It seems like forever since he left and of course life is much easier when there is a second set of hands.  He got home right when the boys were about to take a nap. It was all about football for us this afternoon - we are on 2 different fantasy football teams this year.  The boys played and played and played.  They must have worn themselves out, because at 6:30 - an hour before they go to bed - Ellis was clearly ready to go to sleep.  He was so cute just cuddling with my blanket on the couch.

For now, its time to drink some Hard Cherry Cider that Troy brought home from Glen Arbor and kick my feet up to watch tonight's Big Brother episode.  Here's to a much easier week!

No comments: