Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Break Day 4

Today I was a bit antsy to do something.  We have a couple play dates tomorrow and Thursday, so I thought we'd take advantage of the day by ourselves, by running a few (fun) errands.  After lunch, we went to the library.  Right after the boys were born, I discovered that Rochester Hills Public Library has a "Raise-A-Reader" program, which means that every month, until the age of 2, the boys will get a new book to keep.  AWESOME!  Well, we haven't been to the library this month yet, so we went up there to get the books for the month.  We also get a little paper about developmental things, reading suggestions, etc. and this month we got a little envelope of goodies.  One thing I was excited about was a checklist of the "Top 100 books Every Child Should Experience."  How fun!  I'm always looking for good books for them.  Unfortunately I've come across a few stupid books (one board book was so bad that I didn't even finish reading to the boys, who probably don't know the difference anyway), so I'm sometimes skeptical to just buy books without looking through them or having suggestions.  There is a little play area for kids there and although most of the kids were a bit older, we decided to check it out anyway.  The boys were very observant for a little bit, checking everything and everyone out, but then quickly warmed up.  I think they enjoyed the oversized bean bag the most..they loved standing on it and looking out the window.






Then we were off to Old Navy.  Thanks to Pam, I had two "spend $20, get $10 off" coupons.  Awesome!  I was able to get 6 shirts and 2 pairs of shorts for the boys, for $25!  Go me!   Thanks Pam!!!!!!

Tonight, we just hung out.  The boys were ultra silly tonight and just laughing and gabbing away...and getting even closer to walking.

One video I thought I'd share was one that was taken the night of their birthday party, when my mom and I were giving them a bath after they had their cake.  Such a little sugar high they were on (and it looks like the sugar that covered them, totally ruined any chance for the bubbles to stick around for the entire bath).



Looking forward to tomorrow - play date with Sheila and Luke! Good night everyone!

1 comment:

gramm said...

Awesome bargain at Old Navy. :) Forgot about the birthday bath--they were having so much fun!