Thursday, March 15, 2012

The never-ending week of sickness

Despite the beautiful weather outside, our week was not beautiful inside.

Our week in review:
  • Monday - Troy stayed home with the boys because my mom had a doctors appointment.  Logan got sick after lunch.  I picked up some pedialyte on my way home from work, and Logan threw up 3 more times that night.  After 2 baths, many loads of laundry, 5 new outfits for Logan, and a change of sheets, the night finally died down around 11:15pm.
  • Tuesday - Logan slept through the night, he seemed better in the morning, so they went to my mom's.  Unfortunately, Ellis got sick around noon.  I left work to get them and headed home.  I took a nap with Ellis after we got home while Troy hung out with Logan.  After we woke up, we found that Logan and Troy just woke up from a nap too.  Troy said he had the chills and wasn't feeling good.  As of about 6:30pm, he was in bed (or in the bathroom) for the rest of the night.
Poor Ellis was so sad after getting sick.  Just like his Grandpa, he fought throwing up so much.  Grandma made him feel all better and rocked him until he fell asleep.  Luckily he didn't throw up anymore that night.
  • Wednesday - All boys (Troy included) slept through the night and seemed to be doing better.  Since they seemed fine, we started as we do any other normal day.  I talked to my mom during my morning break at work and she said they both ate a little bit - things seemed good.  Got a call around 2ish - Logan had diarrhea again - 15 minutes later - he threw up again.  Brought them home - limited both of their intake of food - pushed pedialyte.  They both seemed a bit hungry, so we gave them a little bit of food, holding our breath that they would keep it in.  After they went to bed, we disinfected EVERYTHING.
  • Thursday - Logan had a pretty rough night (which also means, I did too!)  He woke up around 1am, pretty fussy, and after an hour, finally fell asleep.  Woke back up about 15 minutes later and just wouldn't calm down.  Troy suggested he might be hungry, so I got him a bottle of pedialyte and he sucked it down.  After it looked like he was going to keep it down, I gave him some more. He fell back asleep and seemed content.  By now it was 3am.  Got a call around 5am.  Oh NO!  My mom had been up since 3am - she was sick now.  So, I decided to take the day off.  I figured it would wasn't a bad idea anyway...the boys seemed good previous mornings only to throw up later in the day (on my poor mom nonetheless).  Logan woke up early...hungry again.  I thought I'd attempt a bottle of milk and he was so happy.  Poor little guy was starving, but I was afraid to give him too much too fast because I feel like that is what happened to cause him to get sick again - reintroducing too much food at once.  Both boys were pretty clingy all day, but after Troy got home around 3pm and they had small meals and snacks throughout the day, they seemed about 95% better.  I bet tomorrow after we give them their normal meals (versus just bland food they got today), they will be back to normal.  Bad news?  I talked to my mom to see how she was doing this afternoon and she said she was shocked to see my dad home after she woke up from a nap in the afternoon...he was now sick!  What a devil of a flu bug huh?  Luckily it doesn't seem to last long, but dang.  Good news?  I haven't gotten it...(yet?).  My stomach has felt unsettled but I think it is because being thrown up on twice by Logan on Monday just set my stomach off.  I can't remember the last time I've thrown up - seriously, probably about 20 years - so I've eaten very little in the past few days.  Maybe its a mental game, or the nervousness that they aren't 100% well again and might throw up at any point again.  I don't know, but I sure hope, this is out of everyone's system.  
I really hope this week never repeats itself - I sure don't wish this illness upon anyone, and especially seeing little babies sick like this just kills me.  They are so hopeless and can't tell you what is wrong, or what they want.  Not fun.  Lots of cuddles though - I'll never turn that down.

This weekend I hope to just relax.  Relax?  That is not a word in my vocabulary enough lately, but I really want it.  No, I need it.  This week has just drained me.  Troy and I hope to go out and get some birthday gifts for the boys and I want to decide on some last minute little details for their party that is 2 weeks away.  I can't believe it.  I'm so excited!  =)  

Okay, well, I told myself I'd be in bed by 9pm tonight, so it's time to get going.  I hope everyone has a great and sickness-free weekend!

No comments: