Saturday, December 28, 2013

Vacation: Week 1

So much fun we've had this past week, especially since Christmas was just a few days ago.  Here are some updates!

On Christmas Eve, my parents came over to spend the night with us.  On our agenda was enjoying a ham dinner, making sugar cookies, and watching a movie while staying warm with a fire.  The boys were of course excited to see Grandma and Grandpa but weren't too keen on all the "activities" we had planned.  Grandma and I ended up making the cookies ourselves.

Then, the boys were off to bed and Santa came!

Once the boys woke up, they immediately ran to the gifts that were all set up for them to play with.  And in hindsight it looks like Santa wasted a lot of time wrapping gifts this year.  The boys had no desire to open gifts - they just wanted to play with them.  Then after they found a few they really liked from the first couple they opened, they really didn't are too much about the rest.  Let's just say that I think they were a bit overwhelmed with the whole process.  All in all, they got lots of fun toys and it was awesome watching them play with them all!




Another lesson learned - do not attempt a family photo after all the gifts are opened.  After all, who wants to stop playing in order to sit and smile for a photo?!?  Not these boys!  I was a bit jealous after seeing all the cute photos all my FB and IG friends posted with their family around the tree or with another festive setting, but it is what it is, and this is what we got!


After the boys took a much needed nap, we headed to the Reaves' house to finish Christmas evening there.  Lots more fun toys and wouldn't you know that Ellis' favorite toy was one that Parker got!  I will have to keep that toy on my radar for their birthday in March!
Note the yellow transformer he wouldn't put down.  Nope, that's not his toy, it was Parker's.
Still has that transformer in his hands despite opening new gifts!
Now that they boys are older, they were quite mesmerized by the train around their tree too.  Looks like we'll have to find one next year for our tree.
It doesn' t surprise you that they don't have clothes on, does it?
The rest of the week I spent some time cleaning up the Christmas decorations and putting them away for another year.  As much as I love the holiday's, I'm also usually very ready to put them away after the month is over.  With all the snow we got, I ventured out with the boys yesterday for some fun in the snow, but since their sled was in the garage attic, we waited until today to get that out.  Since Troy is still fighting a cough, I thought it was only appropriate that I pull them around the yard.  Boy oh boy, what a feat!  I knew I wasn't in the best shape, but damn, I really need to get my ass in gear again.  Despite the gasps for air after each trip around the yard, seeing the smiles on their faces (mainly Ellis), I had to keep going.







Then it was time to make a snowman - okay, time for me to make a snowman.  They just ran around in the snow acting crazy while I built him.  When I was done though, they walked up to him and started talking to him like he was real, so that was cute!
How long will it take before they will sit still for a picture, for goodness sakes?
As for the rest of the weekend, no major plans here.  Although I feel like I should get ahead with some things on my to-do list, I'm totally slacking right now and enjoying my relaxation time.  Have a great end of 2013 everyone!

No comments: