Sunday, December 16, 2012

Oh what a week!

This week has definitely had it's ups and downs.  All "downs" were work related, so I won't focus on that.  Instead - here are the ups:
  • Monday I stayed home from work and spent the day with the boys.  We had lots of fun, but definitely the most fun when we made salt dough ornaments.  They had no clue that they were making ornaments, but they seemed to really love pushing the cookie cutters into the dough and Ellis throughly enjoyed using the rolling pin.  We even got them to be able to make some hand prints in the dough to cut out.










  • Tuesday was my last class for the semester.  I took my final and was out before the 2 hour mark. Grades don't come out until Thursday this week, but I'm feeling very confident that I did well.
  • Thursday, we spent some more time with Shaun and Julie before they returned back to Seattle.  Sky and Bryan came over too and we had a nice visit.
  • Saturday, was the yearly holiday cookie bake-off.  Nicole, mom, and I usually get together to make some cookies, but this year we had Morgan join us.  She was so cute and loved being the helper of each of the cookies that were made.  



Morgan was excited to be able to help me crush the candy canes for my cookies.
Throwing them on the ground wasn't enough, so she happily used the mallet to finish crushing them.



  • Today, nothing completely special, but I wrapped some gifts and put them under the tree.  They didn't notice them or do much with them at first, but I did catch Ellis trying to take a tag off of Parker's gift, before I caught him - ha!
  • I'm definitely hoping for a much more calm week at work.  Fingers crossed that the next 5 days go smoothly.  I did get an email from the library about Santa pictures, and I got to view them.  I requested a few electronic copies, so I will post those as soon as I get them. 
Have a great week before Christmas!

1 comment:

gramm said...

I love, love, love the pictures of the boys making their ornaments. Morgan was such a help, wasn't she. :)