Friday, August 17, 2012

Our Last Week

Monday, I go back to work.  My "summer" is over.  I know, its not really over, but the amazing time off spent with the boys is over.

We had a great last week of fun.  Here are some highlights:

Monday was another Macy's 2nd Monday at Greenfield Village.  This month's theme was "All Aboard" - everything trains.  We joined Sheila, Luke, Caryn, Cole, Caryn's friend (sorry, I forgot her name) and son Alex, Kelli, Conner, Mason, Jessica, and Macy for some fun with trains.  We started off with making some conductor handkerchiefs and then went to play in the main courtyard area before lunch.  Last month, everything was pretty much located in the courtyard area, but we found out on our way to lunch that this time there were a few activities closer to the train that we missed out on, but the kids still had fun.


A free train ride was included in the activities, but since this is quite a loud train, I wasn't sure how they would do during the 3 mile ride around the village with various stops.  And I did NOT want to have to try to control two antsy kids on a moving object by myself, in case they didn't like it.  Maybe next time (or when I have an extra set of hands with me!)

On Tuesday, I went to school to set up my new room.  I have to say, I loved my 2nd floor room, but I have been moved to the 4th floor.  Despite a little bit of unforeseen drama that ensued with making the move, I am happy to say that I like my new room and I'm actually getting excited to go back and see what this year brings.  I am bringing some positivity with me, so hopefully this is a good year.  We have a kick ass team on our floor, so I'm excited!

On Wednesday, we headed to the zoo with Nicole, Morgan, and Parker.  The biggest highlight this time was the polar bear.  Usually we check out the polar bear/seal area but only see seals.  We were very lucky to see the polar bear showing off for us and playing with his ball.  Here are a few pictures from the day:
I'm so glad I actually got a picture of all the kids looking at the cow.  Too bad you can't see the cow!
Logan checking out the prairie dogs
Ellis has started this cute little wave and it cracks me up that he's waving at the prairie dog!
Polar Bear Time! 

Ellis with Parker at the icy wall
Logan's turn to touch the ice
Thursday we went to the park.  In case you didn't see my Facebook posting, Logan had his first kiss by a 22 month old girl.  They were playing together and going down the slide.  After Logan went down the slide, he walked over to go up the steps again and this little girl put her head out to kiss him and he kissed her back.  It was the cutest thing ever.

This weekend, we have some fun planned - gotta make most of these not-so-busy days where work is included, but will hopefully get some relaxing in too.  I'm loving this cooler weather and hope to throw some comfy pants on and finish the last 70 pages of the third Hunger Games book sometime this weekend too!  

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Awwww, LOVE the cute cuts. Hope it gets easier for you. Parker still isn't crazy about sitting in that strange chair.

We've loved our time with you and the boys this summer. It's going to be very weird not seeing you, or texting you whenever I want. Have a great weekend!! XO

gramm said...

Excellent pictures of the polar bears. I'm glad they had so much fun at the library.