Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lots of fun - both outside and in

This week we've done a little bit of everything.  Monday, Troy and I had our little anniversary "date" at Cedar Point.  Although I went to Cedar Point back in June with my students, Troy hasn't been in practically 10 years, so he was way overdue.

We rode the big, newer rides - Maverick, Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, as well as a few of the older ones - Raptor and Mantis.  The lines got longer as the day went on - it was a beautiful day after all, 80 degrees and sunny - but we got to go on all the rides we wanted.  Troy even got gutsy enough to take video of a few of the rides we went on.

Here is Millennium Force (the tallest roller coaster there):



Here is the Top Thrill Dragster, although since it goes 0-120mph in 4 seconds, he got a video of it before we went on, not when we were actually on it (although the video definitely doesn't do the speed any justice..it is way faster than the video makes it look)



After we left the park, we went back to our hotel and relaxed by the pool and went out to get some pizza, before calling it a night.  A HUGE thank you to my mom for watching the kids and Bella so we could go have a day/night out on our own.

Wednesday, we took advantage of the nice weather and headed to the splash pad in Farmington with Nicole, Morgan, Parker, Caryn, and Cole.  We all had lots of fun and towards the end, Logan and Ellis were even going in the water all on their own.



After lunch and a bit more playing in the water, it was time to dry off, so we could head home for naps.  What better way to dry off, than to run repeatedly down a hill?

Logan and Ellis weren't into the racing, but they enjoyed climbing the hill too!

Today, with all the rain we were getting, called for another Boogie Babies morning.  We got there before anyone else and the boys had no problem remembering all the fun to be had.  They were especially excited that the small slide was not being used:







Lunch time rolled around before we knew it and we headed out.  They are sleeping like logs now and I'm enjoying this nice cool rainy weather.  I've had a TON of fun this summer, both inside and outside, but I've got to say that I think I'm ready for the nice fall weather too.  I don't want to get ahead of myself but I'm aching for some cider mill donuts!  =)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

So cute! I love their big smiles!!!

Now I want to go to Cedar Point. And have donuts!