Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tired yet?

For many kids, giving a bath is soothing and calming and prepares them for bed.  For Logan and Ellis it does quite the opposite.  Here's a little snippet of our post-bath time tonight:



What else is going on?  Last week was a pretty busy week as I returned back to UPA (YAY!!) and had to get situated there with trying to figure out what my students did and did not know. I usually like to prepare each week the week before so obviously I was a little behind for the first couple of days.  Only a week later and it's just like riding a bike.  It's like I never left.  My days are much more stress-free and the little issues I have are nothing to complain about.  This past weekend I actually had quite a bit of free time and made my Christmas cards.  So glad to have those already done!

The boys have been loving anything and everything vehicle-related.  They love their hot wheels and other cars they have and also love playing with the trains, planes, and helicopter toys they have.  Logan has has been saying more and more words lately, which is awesome - lots of repetition of words that he hears.  He is even putting two words together to make simple sentences - up stairs, open door, etc.  Ellis is making more sounds but not saying as many words. His favorite lately is "mine".  It almost sounds like "ma" so I was excited when he kept saying what I thought was "mom" but then when he grabbed my phone and said "ma", I realized that he really meant "mine" as in my phone.  Crazy boy got a little reality check there!  Ellis is a big fan of making animal noises although some of the noises are a little off, but I get his drift!

Troy's mind has been focused on hunting lately.  Buck fever, is that what they call it?  After work on Thursday, he will be heading up to Cadillac to hunt with a buddy of his.  Lots of luck to him in hopes of him being successful and having some venison to bring home.

Well, thats about it really.  Here are a few pictures from a couple weekends ago when the Reaves and Chandlers came over for the UM/State game:

Ellis getting some lovin' from Aunt Nicole
A whole group shot of the kids
Logan totally cracking up from Morgan tickling him with the Cat in the Hat.
Ellis' turn getting some tickles from Morgan/Cat in the Hat

Talk to you all soon!!

No comments: