Monday, February 20, 2012

Smarty Pants

The boys sure have been showing their smarts lately.  This weekend, Ellis learned how to get their car ramp toy to move, by hitting an arrow on it.  Then he started putting the toys in (not just cars either) to watch them spin.  Once it stopped, he'd hit it again.



Logan caught on quick because after this video, he crawled up to it to do it to.  Now how do we get Ellis to understand that if he tries sitting in it, he isn't going to spin because he's too big?

At grandmas today, the boys discovered the fun things in the bathroom.  Within moments of my mom going to the bathroom, Logan made it to the shower and turned the cold water on -- yeah, literally reached across the tub and could turn the knob!  As my mom was changing Logan's diaper before their nap, Ellis made his way into the bathroom and got to the toilet and actually flushed it.  Of course they think it is such an adventure to play in the bathroom because the door is always closed (aside from the 5 minutes today that they could get in there), so it's no surprise that they found something to get in to!

Yesterday I learned what to do to keep a very busy boy occupied and quiet for a good 10 minutes.  Give him my 40 Stampin Up markers in a case that I forgot to close all the way.  This is what I got in return:

 
 He didn't play favorites to specific colors either.  Just one after another...
....after another..
...until they were ALL out of the box.  Now what to do, you ask??
Spread them all over the basement!!  Too funny!!

Other exciting tidbits - the boys first spaghetti dinner (eating it on their own)...


And cruising all  around the house.  Now they use the wall to help them stand up and walk around. Slow down boys.  I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to chase both of them when they can both walk (and run), although I have already decided that Ellis will most likely be the one getting into more trouble, so if I have a choice, I'll have to go after him first!

3 comments:

ErinWieczorek said...

Those boys sure are getting sneaky and too smart for their own good!

gramm said...

Wow, that is pretty good Ellis. (and Logan)

Nicole said...

So hilarious! Parker sits in his too and I think he wants to spin around in it. :) Can not wait to see you guys on Wednesday!! Should be lots of fun!