Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Luckiest Girl Alive

Yes, I am referring to myself. I feel so blessed to have the family and friends that I do, but I feel especially lucky to have the wonderful husband that I do. Two years ago today, we walked into the Rochester Hills Courthouse (yes, romantic I know, but we had to be married officially in the US and not just have our ceremony in Mexico, so what better way to do it than that?) and got married in 30 seconds, literally! Then we enjoyed a lunch with our parents, my grandma, and Troy's brother Shaun, before making sure everything was packed up to leave for Mexico the next day!
Whether I said this today, or on Saturday (our Mexican Wedding Anniversary date), here goes. Troy, the past two years have been amazing. You always seem to know how to make me smile and go out of your way to make sure I'm happy. It's the little things - the foot rubs, having dinner ready when I get home, just knowing when to leave me alone because I just need my time, giving me a hug and kiss when you get home from work, knowing the best possible day to bring home peanut donuts -- I could go on and on -- but it's those things that count. It is also the big things we've done -- buying our first house, getting our first puppy, traveling to Paris and Rome, and of course starting our family.

We just work well together. You remind me to "just live a little", don't freak out about money so much, you only live once! You also try your best to get me to slow down. I am a bit OCD and many times feel so rush to get everything done, but Troy reminds me that there are more days to come. Not everything on the list needs to get done today -- yes, I'm an OCD listmaker -- even worse! I need to treasure every day I have, especially now that we have our two most awesome little boys. There is no reason to rush the days.

I could go on and on, but Troy, simply put, I love you with all I have. I appreciate everything you do and everything you are, for not only me, but our boys too (and can't forget Bella!). These past two years have been amazing -- I can't wait to see what we have in store for the many more years we will share together.

On a less mushy side, I am also the luckiest girl alive because the best husband alive got me an awesome anniversary gift (even though we agreed to not get each other gifts...how does that work?). A new Vera Bradley bag and wallet....love it! I forgot to mention that he is also a great gift buyer! I never hinted at a bag like this, but it's awesome...he hit the nail right on the head with this one.

3 comments:

Troy Perez said...

And to my wife...it has been quite the journey. We've had a lot of luck in life with friends and family and I hope to keep riding the wave of joy as we can. Looking forward to many more anniversaries and trips to Mexico, Fiji, and other cool places until our credit card is maxed out. I love you to pieces, Happy Anny see you dinner on Saturday. I figure we can do gifts on the 13th and vacations and dinners on the 16th (win-win).

Nicole said...

You guys are too cute! Happy Anniversary to one of the coolest couples I know. Hope you enjoy the next few days. I would love to be back in Mexico in that pool...ahh. Cute bag too, Kristin. Better keep an eye on mom. :)

gramm said...

The last two years seem a whirlwind for both of you. You have been truly blessed. Enjoy your anniversary "week".(hey, hey on the remark Nicole)