Sunday, February 10, 2013

Our fun weekend

The fun all began at about 6am on Friday morning - when I realized that we had a snow day!!  Woo hoo!  Long weekend!  We obviously didn't have anything planned, but had a nice relaxing day at home.  I did attempt a little Valentine's Day art, but it wasn't too successful - I think the boys were upset that I took them away from the blocks they were playing with at the time, but here is a little snapshot of what Logan did (with a lot of my help):

On Saturday, we went to Delevan's first birthday party.  Oh what fun.  Delevan was all decked out in a cute shirt and bowtie (not many one year olds can sport the tie like he can!) and just LOVED the balloons that decorated the house.

Logan and Ellis made themselves right at home playing with all Del's toys (especially all the balls and the small wagon).

We even got a few cute shots of Logan wearing a hat of Del's and some fake glasses.  Tell me that isn't the cutest!!!!


Of course one of the highlights was watching Delevan dig into his first birthday cake.  I'm not sure how much he actually ate, but after a slow start, he dug right in and made an absolute (but expected) mess.  He definitely had a blast with that cake!



We had a lot of fun and all I could think about was how things are going to be different a year or so from now as we celebrate birthdays next year with two more boys in the mix of friends.  Thanks for a good time, Chandlers!

Today we didn't do too much except for the typical Sunday stuff, and now the countdown begins until next weeks Mid-Winter Break.  Just 5 school days left until we get a week off.  And why do I have a feeling that this is going to be the longest week ever (as it always is right before a break!)???!?!

No comments: